One of the best things about being an author is meeting readers. I love talking about books and writing, and I love to hear what readers think. My events are about books in general, not just my own, but I do love seeing how The Book of Learning has inspired people to create something else; a piece of art or work of their own.
Here’s a slideshow of some of the great work by St Patrick’s National School via Drumcondra library:
And some more feedback I’d like to share, this time from Jamie, Realtín, Juli, Jack and Jamie…
- Today was a good day. Thank you very much.
- Elizabeth Murray’s talk was very good. We learned a lot.
- We listened to a chapter from the Book of Learning.
- We thought it was interesting but a little scary!
- We then made up a story about a lady called Matilda.
- Elizabeth told us that she keeps a notebook for her writing. We think
that this is a great idea. We met the author Rod Smith last week and he
keeps a notebook too.
- We asked Elizabeth lots of questions and she answered them all.
- We thought she was very interesting and funny.
- She told us that she takes off her shoes and socks when she writes!
- We liked her blue hair!
Thank you so much to everyone for your comments and great work! Happy reading!