I’ve competed my first draft of The Book of Revenge and I’m onto draft 2, but the deadline is looming :October 31st is not far away, especially when I’m booked out for the whole of October with events. This means that the manuscript needs to be almost complete by the end of September – the pressure is ON!!! So if you’re wondering why I’m a little quieter online at the moment, that’s the reason.
I’m away on retreat from Sunday to get some focused writing done, and then it’s time to launch The Book of Shadows – Nine Lives Trilogy 2 (details to follow)! In the meantime, I thought I’d put a post together with some of my recent ramblings around the web, in case you were looking for a quick read during your break…
- A post on why I write about bullying in Caramel Hearts
- My Irish Times article on class in YA fiction and how the lower classes are under-represented
- 10 Writing Tips for the lovely Le Book Chronicles in Australia
- Some foodie fiction that I love
- A Q&A in the Irish Times by Claire Hennessey (with Helen Falconer)
- Another author interview on Australian blog, Read The Bloody Book
- A lovely review, some Caramel Hearts designed nails (I’m not kidding) & seven Irish YA authors you should read on the Bookish Manicurist
- The conclusion to my #1stdraftdiary on writing.ie (spoiler: I did it!!!)
- A post on how a visit to Arvon helped my writing career
- And another review/interview in Australia – this time, Read3r’z Re-Vu
Happy reading and I’ll see you all back here with details of the launch(es) soon!